Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy 2016 - time to break out the structured poems again?

The New Year is always time for resolutions, even when they're resolutions not to have any New Year resolutions.
 
I'm keen to keep up the blogging, but write fewer poems, while reintroducing a few more structured poems, especially poems around special events. 

Maybe I'll even manage a New Year sonnet, or even maybe a Christmas one. There's something about the constraints on old fashioned poetry that, as a poet, I think are worthwhile pursuing. In the meantime, This Year of Fire, is as good a New Year poem as any, it's a near-traditional sonnet, although it's very dark. I admit, I really wasn't sure about it at first, but it's grown on me. And I think that's always a good sign with poetry - since it's considered a good sign for music and other art forms!!!


Anyway, Happy New Year everybody, best wishes to everyone who follows this blog, and a sad final farewell to 2015, and of course the Tuesday Poem, which was the impetus to me blogging most Tuesdays, although I do hope to keep that up in 2016 and beyond.

cheers to you, my readers, and to the New Year, may it be a good one.

A.J. 
Author of Quest, Prophecy, Omens, Miss Lionheart and the Laboratory of Death, Wizard's Guide to Wellington, Attack of the Giant Bugs - a You Choose Science Adventure, and The Frankie Files



(paid link)


(paid link)


(paid link)


(paid link)



No comments:

Post a Comment